As Your Financial Partner, We’re Proud to Showcase Our Difference
One-on-one, personalized guidance
Experienced & compassionate advisors
Online integrations for easy, at-home access
Holistic planning with a focus on family
Unbiased, fiduciary guidance
Sustainable (ESG) Investing Strategies
We Worry About Your Wealth, So You Don’t Have To
Our clients vary in age, profession, net worth and family status, but one thing has always been the same — we work with those who are committed to living life well today while leaving the details of their financial future up to us.
Whether you are...
A Recent College Graduate
Growing Your Family
Saving for College
Thinking About Retirement
Planning Your Legacy
...We’re Here to Help
Wealth Is a Tool Used to Achieve Your Goals
not the goal itself.
There’s Value in Optimizing & Organizing
your financial life for the future.
Finding Financial Freedom
takes dedication & a discipline.
We're Interested in Helping You Achieve Your Vision for a Brighter Financial Future
A legacy for their grandchildren
A new home to start a family
A business to grow
Whatever serves as your motivation for finding financial freedom, we’ll make it a top priority and guiding light as we get to work developing your custom plan.
At Sandbox Financial Partners,
YOUR desire to find a trusted partner
MEETS OUR duty to put your best interest first
YOUR search for sound financial guidance
MEETS OUR extensive experience and credentials
YOUR want for personalized solutions
MEETS OUR independent, conflict free advice
YOUR need for financial organization
MEETS OUR holistic, goals-based financial planning
YOUR desire to make healthy financial decisions
MEETS OUR dedication to on-going financial education
YOUR need to work one-on-one with a fiduciary advisor
MEETS OUR caring, personalized approach
THE SANDBOX FINANCIAL DIFFERENCE
We are committed to providing financial planning and investment management to help clients through their current situation and all the transitions and stages to come in the future. And we can best live up to this commitment by serving as a Fiduciary and an Independent Financial Advisor.
Our independence means that we are not tied to any particular investment products or family of funds. When we work with you, you can rest assured that our recommendations are based on one consideration: your best interests.
As an SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), we have a fiduciary obligation to legally and ethically act in your best interest at all times, in all areas of your finances. When you work with an independent advisory firm like Sandbox Financial, you can enjoy:
- Personalized guidance based on your entire financial picture
- A relationship that is responsive, attentive, and personal
- A fee structure that is straightforward and transparent
- A high level of education and expertise to support your most complex financial needs
- Your money held by an independent custodian, such as Charles Schwab or Fidelity Investments, not the advisory firm
We invite you to contact us to discuss how our independent advisory firm can provide personalized guidance to help guide you through your life’s transitions and achieve your goals.
WHY WORK WITH AN INDEPENDENT ADVISOR
Just say the word “independence,” and you probably will feel pretty positive about it. Yet most people do not work with an independent advisor. They work with a national (or multi-national) bank, insurance or brokerage firm that offers one-size-fits-all services and commissioned products.
Working with an independent financial advisor, you can expect:
- Planning that is customized to you: An independent advisor doesn’t have to sell you on their employer’s investment products. They can give advice that is specific to your needs.
- An ongoing relationship: Your independent advisor gets to know you, your finances, objectives, and concerns. They want to establish a relationship with you so they can help achieve your long-term goals.
- Fee-only, fiduciary service: You should talk to a prospective advisor to find out whether they serve as fee-only fiduciaries. Such advisors are transparent about their fees, so you always know what you are paying for.
- Appropriate investment recommendations: Your portfolio allocation should be designed to meet your objectives, tolerance for market risk, and investment timeline. It should not take unnecessary risks with your money. Yet recent regulatory examinations found that broker-dealers were two to eight times more likely than RIAs to recommend risky investments.
- Expertise to serve you: Independent advisors generally have deep experience and training. Look for designations—such as the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA® ) or Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) certifications—that indicate extensive education, experience, and ethics requirements.
- Your money held at an independent custodian: Independent advisors such Sandbox Financial do not keep your money. This helps eliminate a conflict of interest where the people who have your money advise you on how to use it. We hold your investments accounts at independent custodians Charles Schwab and Fidelity Investments.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A FINANCIAL ADVISOR
If you ask someone for their advice, you want to know that the advice you receive is right for you. But in the financial services world, that is not always the case.
Many financial professionals receive commissions for the advice they give. That means if they sell you on a particular investment fund, they get paid by their employer. Was there something more suitable for you? Maybe. Do they have to tell you about it? Not always.
You should be able to trust the advice you receive about your money. That is why we recommend independent, fee-only fiduciaries that do not hold your money.
To further refine your search for an advisor, determine what services you need. For instance, if you want comprehensive financial planning, not just investment management, you will need to find an advisor who provides that level of service.
HOW TO FIND AN INDEPENDENT ADVISOR YOU CAN WORK WITH
When it comes to finding an independent advisor, you will want to do your homework. You can start by asking for recommendations from family members, friends, colleagues, and professionals, such as your CPA or attorney.
You can also look online for independent advisors with a fiduciary obligation to your best interests. Those include:
- FindYourIndependentAdvisor.com: You can search for financial advisors who do not hold your assets but rather custody them with Charles Schwab.
- Letsmakeaplan.org: You can search for a CFP® professional in your region on this website.
Make a list of potential advisors and then talk to them. Come to the meeting with a list of questions so that you understand:
- How they are compensated
- Are they a fiduciary
- The client types they serve
- The services they offer
- Their status as an independent firm
- Where their assets are held
- Their certifications and experience
This Choosing an Advisor webpage can be a great resource for the questions to ask—and the answers to expect—on your search for an independent financial advisor.
We also welcome answering any questions you may have about independent advisors.