Divorce Consulting Group
We help you successfully navigate the financial uncertainties of divorce and create a path for financial security and wellness in the future.
With two dedicated Certified Financial Divorce Analysts (CDFA®), as well as a team of highly credentialed and experienced financial professionals, Sandbox Financial Partners is uniquely positioned to provide the comprehensive support required to address your unique and individual needs as you prepare to enter your next chapter.
Where do I start and who can help me?
Will my children be okay, will I be okay?
Do I have to sell my house?
Can I retire on time?
We help answer these questions and find solutions so that you can sleep at night.
“No matter where you are on your journey, that’s exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead.”
October 2015 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
Divorce Consulting Services:
- Discuss the financial implications of divorce.
- Begin the financial planning process.
- Develop a strategy to best protect your financial stability and interests post divorce.
- Organize all financial documents.
- Prepare Financial Affidavit, including Net Worth Statement and Budget.
- Address financial vulnerabilities such as shared account access and lines of credit.
- Establish separate accounts.
In the Divorce Process
- Analyze financial documents provided by both you and your spouse.
- Identify inconsistencies and/or concerns in financial disclosures.
- Assist with negotiation process using base- best- and worst-case scenarios.
- Serve as an extension of your legal team for financial matters.
- Manage your expectations.
- Provide checklist for all Estate Planning Documents.
- Create QDRO when applicable.
- Update post divorce financial plan, budget and cash flow.
- Revisit investment strategy to achieve goals.
- Provide peace of mind and confidence in your post divorce world.
Divorce Finances Blog
- Read Blog Posts and Articles on Divorce Finances - Click Here
Sandbox Divorce Consulting Group:
Rachael DeCosta, CDFA®
VP, Wealth Advisor
Rachael DeCosta, CDFA® is a VP, Wealth Advisor at Sandbox Financial Partners. She has worked as a financial advisor for over 20 years and has a passion for helping clients in transition. Rachael is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) and a member of the Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts.
A native Washingtonian, Rachael lives in Bethesda with her daughter and enjoys art galleries, reading fiction and non-fiction books, playing tennis and meeting new people.
Check out my full bio (click here).
What should I do next? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your complimentary conversation.
Julie Bonvillain, CFP®, CDFA®
Director of Financial Planning
Julie Bonvillain, CFP®, CDFA® is the Director of Financial Planning at Sandbox Financial Partners. She holds the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation as well as the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) designation and is a member of the Financial Planning Association and the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts. She joined the financial industry in 2008 after staying home for 11 years to raise her four children.
Julie’s personal journey helped to fuel her passion for Financial Planning. Areas of focus include stay-at-home moms contemplating divorce and helping widows face their financial challenges in the aftermath of losing a spouse.
You might bump into Julie and her Boxer pup (Vonnie) on a hike in Hampton Roads. She recently moved to Yorktown, VA and is excited about exploring a new area with so much history.
Check out my full bio (click here).